Yesterday was a great day in the UF sprint and we got a lot of stuff done. I will summarize the interesting bits.
Ubuntu Friendly Website
As I said on the previous post, we still needed a way to visualize what components are working and which are not (to a certain level). To achieve that we have created a new “details” page, once you click on “more” on the configuration page.
That page will give you two pieces of information. First, it will show the complete list of components that were reported for that configuration:
On that list you will see the core components on the top (the ones we use to distinguish a configuration from another one) and a list of the rest of components found in all the units that were reported.
The second piece of information are the results that were reported per component:
On this view you will see the number of people that reported that a particular component was working and a percentage. We will have some colour code for the percentage, to have a quick visual view of it.
The “Related Bugs” tab is just a way of saying that this view could be extended in the future, but currently this is out of the scope for this release.
On the client side we also made some important progress. We finished mapping tests to components, so we can know which components are failing and which ones are passing.
We just merged our changes into checkbox trunk and we hope to have it uploaded to Oneiric early next week.