As weeks go by, we are getting closer and closer to Ubuntu 11.10 release and, therefore, to Ubuntu Friendly beta release.
First of all, the website is taking shape nicely and you can already see (and use!) an alpha version of the final site.
As you can see from the screenshot, right now all systems have only 1 star. This is the minimum rate a system can get (we give 1 start because, at least, it was able to install Ubuntu on it and submit results). The reason for all the submissions so far to have only 1 star is that a bug in Checkbox was preventing for one test considered to be “core” to run properly.
Call for Testing
The mentioned bug in Checkbox is fixed in our PPA and it is now ready to be used in Oneiric. If you run Oneiric it will be really helpful if you could install Checkbox from our PPA and run the full Ubuntu Friendly suite (this is the suite that runs by default).
- Add our PPA to your software sources
- Install the latest version of checkbox
- Run “System Testing” on your system and submit to Launchpad
This will help us on two sides:
- First, you will run the latest code in trunk. We are planning to release version 0.12.8 to Oneiric in a week, so this is the last time to fix critical issues. Should you find any issues during your testing, please, file a bug against Checkbox project.
- On the server side of things, having a lot of data will help us testing the website to make sure it works fine when 11.10 gets released. Should you find any issues on the website, please, file a bug against the Ubuntu Friendly project.
Thanks for the help and I hope you are as excited as I am about the project!